Saturday, July 30, 2011

Photos from Week #3













Week #3 is behind us and things are progressing as expected.  Things are heating up in the pool with many attempting to obtain the elusive "Blue Brick" for swimming the 34 miles.  A handful of guys have already completed the mission and are now in the hunt for the 100 mile "Blue Brick".  These guys are animals!!!  Room mate Jeff Malcore is closing in on his 34 miles and will be trying for the 100 miler too along with the Team 300.  Simply amazing swimmers.  As for me, in the first three weeks, I have completed 17 MILES!!!  An accomplishment for the kid from Hawaii.  The last time I swam laps was 26 years ago in recruit training.  It's taking some time, but I will reach the objective of 34 miles.

Wednesday night was the journey to DC for the ceremony at the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial.  Took a bunch of photos and saw the names of Hawaii Police Officers Ronald "Shige" Jitchaku and Kenneth K. Keliipio.  Both well respected officers who were killed in the line of duty.

Friday, one of our instructors took us on an excursion to the National Marine Museum.  Although having been there a week earlier, I still managed to see exhibits that I missed the first time.  Very nicely done.

Friday night, I was invited to go to Georgetown and on Saturday night, went to Alexandria "Old Town".  Both places were nice, but I liked Alexandria...nice and quiet.  Had an early dinner at Macaroni Grill and had the "Mama's Trio", lots of food and tasty too.

Today is a time to do some work, as we are heading to New York next weekend for the traditional NA trip.  Real excited about it as this will be a first time for me.  Will capture the memories and share with y'all.

Check out my Flickr account under "FBINA_246" and see all my photos.

Have a nice week folks and we are officially in Week #4.  Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment