Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 1-The Arrival in DC




After leaving Hilo, flying to Honolulu, then to Dallas Fort Worth, I finally arrived in Washington DC.  Got my 3 bags and 2 carry ons and got on the phone with the shuttle driver, who called me.  I asked him where he was and he asked me if I was wearing blue jeans and a light blue button down shirt and I asked him again where he was and HE WAS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!!  Scared the beejesus out of me.  We loaded my bags in his Jeep and headed off to the National Academy, which was about 50 minutes away.  We stopped on the side of the Pentagon and I got a photo.  Got on the I-95 and was headed south in the HOV lane.  We got caught up in traffic a few miles before the exit to Quantico, but got there in good time.  Arriving at the NA, I unloaded my bags and the New Agents came and got my bags and he rolled them up to my room in the Washington Dorm, Room #415.  My room mate was not there yet, so I picked the bed next to the door.  Then went to the Atrium, got my photo ID and my card key to the facility.  Then did a tour of the entire facility and this place is HUGE!!!  Will need a GPS to get around, well not exactly.  Got something to eat and was on my own.  Will get back later.  ALoha

1 comment:

  1. Hey Greg, I Leave out next Sunday for the 261st session. Just wanted you to know I've read over your blog several times and it has given me a ton of insight..

    Be safe my friend !!

    ReplyDelete